Monday, May 01, 2006

Time to organize

It has finally happened.
My children's schedules have overtaken my own. I have even had to purchase a more complicated organizer to keep up with Boy Child's baseball and Boy Scout schedules, when to work the concession stand, Girl Child's track meets and 5K runs, when the kids are with me or the ex, and all of the school activities.
My activities consist of transporting the kids and my meeting schedule for work.
No wonder I haven't found time to unpack the rest of those boxes. We've only been in our new place for a month.
So, while I'm in Mom Mode and in the mood to organize as much of this chaos as I possibly can, I'll pimp a few products I've found that help. (And stuff I just think is cute.)

WhoMi makes what looks to be the best organizer for someone with a life like mine. I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of mine. It would be awesome to replace this heavy, thick thing I'm carrying around now with something smaller, more useful and a lot more fashionable. Thanks to this chica for pointing them out.

Bootie Bags donates a portion of all proceeds to two very serious and worthy causes, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) and Breast Cancer Awareness. They are handcrafted by a SAHM whose three-year-old son, Jackson, was diagnosed with Type 1 Juvenile Diabetes.

The next thing I want to get is this. Every mom I know has tons of papers from every organization their kids belong to, not to mention the flyers sent home from school. All of mine are currently in my purse and my over-stuffed agenda. Anything to get these papers out of my way and into some organized fashion so I know where to be and when is worth its weight in gold to me. Besides that, I get a 20 percent off coupon from Bed Bath & Beyond every few weeks. As soon as I can get there, I am so getting one of these.

Now that I've shown you mine, you show me yours.
If you have any organizational tips, hints or products that work for you and your family, please send me some info or leave it in the comments.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brown Eyed Woman said...

Surfing the net is so much easier than actually working. Heh

The only organizational tool i've come up with isn't very spactacular. I have a very small kitchen, with a very small pantry and no where else to store my "non-refrigerateable" foods, so i took ziploc baggies and thumb tacked them to the wall for things like tea bags, sugar packets or the sauce packets you get at fast food resturaunts.

It works for me! :o)

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home